Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thoughts & Prayers

Hello everyone.  It is never a happy moment when I HAVE to make a sympathy card. However, this was the unfortunate occasion for me yesterday. I just found out that a good friend of my family's lost her grandson last week.  He died of an IED explosion in Afghanistan.  Just a young 23 years old.  So, it was with a heavy heart that I made this card for her. 
I have known Ms. Betty for over 30 years and know what a tragic loss this is to her and her family.  I ask that you pray along with us for God to provide a peace and comfort that we know only He can give.

Here is my card recipe:
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers
Paper:     Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso,
                  Very Vanilla
Ink:         Early Espresso, More Mustard, 
               various SU markers for the leaves
Other:     Square lattice EF, Flourishes Texture Plate

Technique Tips:
- Once again, I used my SU markers instead of an ink pad.  This enabled me to color each leaf individually.
- I intentionally sponged the corners darker to give it almost a photo corner effect.

That's it for me today.  I'll be back tomorrow with more than one card.  I can't wait for you to see them.

Blessings to you all!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment