Thursday, September 30, 2010

Peace Within

Hello everyone!  Here is my "project" for today! I am so excited about it and I really wish I could get my camera to convey what my eyes see.  Everything is always so much better in real life.   But,  I hope the pictures can convey just a little bit of the true color. 

I started off making one card.  This is it:
 I used the stamp set Peace Within and used Concord Crush DSP from the Design Patterns Hostess Set.  I didn't stamp the bird which is a part of this stamp.  I just wanted the basket.  I really loved the way it turned out.  Of course, the stamp is colored with SU markers.  I really, really liked the way  this card turned out so, I thought, hmmmm....  I could make a set and make one using each new In Color!  Genius! :)   So here is the set:
What do you think????   Here are the other colors individually. (Remember, if you would like to see the photo larger, just click on it.)
Blushing Bride
Peach Parfait
Pear Pizzazz
Poppy Parade

Technique Tips:
- I colored the flowers so they would complement the card base color, i.e., for the Concord Crush I used purples, for Blushing Bride I used pinks and roses.  For the Pear Pizazz, Poppy Parade, and Peach Parfait, I used similar colors, all earth tones - I actually used Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait in the flowers as well as yellow, more mustard - colors like that.
- I used Certainly Celery to "draw" the stems.  It went "outside" the lines so to speak, but it added depth and color to the inside of the basket.
- For the Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizazz cards, I actually added a little bit of those colors into the basket.  If you look close, I got a little carried away with the Peach Parfait, but hey, it works, lol!

 I was going to try to make a box of some type to put them in, but I had more of those errands to run today and I would never have gotten to post these today, so maybe that will be my project/post for tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see! ;)

Blessings to all!
Terri


1 comment:

  1. I love them ...I have made some, and in the process of making more.I am going to make the box to put them in like you said, they are just gorgeous. I also made a cover for a small bible and stamped the basket and one of the sayings on front also I added a ribbon for a book mark..it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete