Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Clean and Simple Anniversary

Happy Hump Day everyone.  I have a very clean and simple card for you today.  I need two anniversary cards.  One specifically for a 25th wedding anniversary.  I thought of this idea, but I'm not sure if  I am going to use it or not.
Is it too simple??? Too plain???  Please tell me what you think.

I only have two helpful techniques for you.

 - You may already be doing this, but just in case you are not...  I  used dimensionals on the numbers.  Instead of using one of the octagons to cut up (the shape the SU dimensionals come in), I used the outer remnants on the page:
I placed my tweezers on the outer edge. They look like a zigzag design.  These are great for cutting up in smaller pieces and using for those tiny areas, like the numbers.  This keeps you from having to mess up one of your whole pieces.   Waste not, want not, my mama always said! :)
- Secondly, I used  circle nestabilities for my "rings" ; the standard circles small and the standard circles large. I used the smallest die in each of the circle sets.   I placed the smallest into the next smallest size which created the "cut out".  Just run them through your Big Shot and you have your ring.  You have to do this twice of course for two rings. To interlock them, I cut one ring, slid the other into it and made sure I glued the cut ring behind the whole ring.  Eazy, peazy.  I guess I should have taken a picture of the nesties.  I'll try to add it in tomorrow. 

Recipe:
 Paper:  Brushed Silver, white
 Other:  Sizzix Timeless Type Alphabet Dies
           Perfect Details Texture Plates, Ptrn #1
  (this is the same pattern as the Wedding Sweet Stamp Set)
            Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities

I have already made tomorrow's post project!  Yay!  I am so excited about it.  It is actually not a card!!!! ????  You'll have to wait.  I can't wait to show you!

I hope you have a wonderful evening.  Until tomorrow...

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment