Friday, September 17, 2010

SC298 Anniversary

Today is a first for me.  Using pastels that is.  I have owned SU's set of pastels for.... oh, at least 18 months??  and today, I finally opened the package and tried them out.  And..... I love them!!!  I never really knew they could be so easy to use. It's easy to mix them and blend them and just everything is easy.  I am sold, sold, sold.  I like them more than the markers.  The only downside is using them on the small things.  I need to find a paintbrush of some sort to use on the very small items.  Anywho, here is my card for this week's Splitcoast's sketch challenge.
 What do you think???  I know the flower doesn't seem to match the paper in the picture, but it does in person. I really like the leaves.  I mixed Green Galore and Soft Suede.  Love the look (This set has all the retired colors in it. Now that I know I like them, I'll have to get the new colors! :))))

Here's the recipe:
Stamps:  Shared Happiness, Sentiment (Stampendous)
Paper:    Elegant Soiree DSP, Baja Breeze, B&W
Ink:        Black Staz On
Other:    SU Pastels! YAY!, Oval Nesties

Creation Tips:
  -  The one great thing about Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge is that all the measurements are right there for you!  So easy.  The sketch prints out to scale and all you have to do is measure the layers and tweak if necessary.
  -  Pastels.  They come with brushes that look like make up brushes. Dab in the color and paint or blend.  Add more color where you want it darker, or keep blending to take away color.  Add one or more colors and blend away. Like I said I loved the effect I got when I blended the Green Galore and they Soft Suede.
  -I know Nestabilities are not from SU, but they can't make everything.  And if there is one thing I would encourage you to buy that can make card making easier for you that would be Spellbinder's Nestabilities.  At least invest in the Ovals, Scallops, and circles.  I don't know what I would do without them! They layer so well and just make your card look smooth and well put together.  Now if they could just make some small rectangles!!!

That's it for me today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings to you all,
Terri 

No comments:

Post a Comment