Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Music of the Heart

Hello everyone!  Today, here in VA, we have sunshine!  YAY!  We haven't seen that for a while!  I have a very special card to share with you today.  It is one I made a while back.  I am planning on sharing some of my cards with a fellow demonstrator who I went to high school with.  I just found out she is a demonstrator and we decided to trade cards.  This is one I am going to send her.  It has much significance to me.  I'll share that with you, but first, here's the card:

When I first saw this SU stamp, I knew I had to have it.  Music has been an integral part of my life for as long as I can remember.  The friend and fellow demonstrator I am sending this to was a fellow church youth choir member.  I sang in the youth choir for five years.  It was a wonderful group of young people.  The statement on the card, "Music expresses that which cannot be said", is so true for me and for so many people.  Music moves the heart and soul.  It has always been that way for me. It can soothe; it can uplift; it can cause reflection....  I could go on and on about the power of music.  I know that it is more powerful for some than for others and I am thankful I believe I am one of those people that it is so powerful too.  Music, especially spiritual music, has always been a part of my life.  There is another saying that goes something like this: A song is the prayer that our heart sings when we cannot find the words."  I wish I could remember the exact quote, but I am sure you get the meaning.  Music is a very powerful, spiritual thing.  Just take a look....

"Bring me now a minstrel... and it came about, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the Lord came upon Elisha." II Kings 3:15."

I went to a Baptist college in Georgia, Brewton Parker College, and I sang in the choir.  It was one of the highlights of my life.  We sang some very powerful music (Christian).  We lived, ate, and breathed music.  For me, to sing was literally breathing.  I know my fellow choir mates would say the same thing.  I can think back and remember, we would even sing in the stairwell as we were standing in line for meals.  It was great!  We were always, always singing!! 

Thanks for traveling down memory lane with me. I hope some of it inspired you and that music touches your heart!

Blessings,

Terri







No comments:

Post a Comment