Friday, March 12, 2010

Mojo Monday 129

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to a wonderful weekend.  It's raining here in Stafford, but it has been a quiet and productive day.  I caught up on TV watching from the night before.  American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice.  I love watching TV commercial free and fast forwarding through all the superfluous stuff.  YAY! for DVRs. 

On to card making...  Have you ever had one of those days?  I was making this card and I got down to the part that calls for the actual stamping.  The very first time I stamped the insert, I got it perfect except for one small thing.  Part of the sentiment was a little smudged.  Now, I am an "A" type personality about many things.  That means, I  couldn't let that little smudge go.  I reinked and restamped those images six  more times.  And unfortunately, none of them looked as good to me as the first one with the smudge.  I hate when that happens.  So I settled for what I thought was the best one out of the other six.  I'm sure I was too close to the subject to be impartial about what I was looking at.  Eeny, meeny, miny, moe worked very well, lol!   So here's what Moe picked out!




This card was made for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  This challenge site is my favorite. Here is the link to their site if you would like to check it out:  Mojo Monday

 This is my second time at participating in their challenge.  I must say I enjoyed this one much more than my first one.  I hope that means I'm getting better at this stamping thing! :)

The paper I used is SU!s designer paper series called "Cottage Wall"  It is my favorite DSP!!  This is the first time I have used it since I purchased it.  I knew I wanted to use it for this challenge.  I hope you are enjoying it also!




Here is the Recipe:
Paper:   Cottage Wall DSP (115671), Old Olive (100702), Very Vanilla (101650)
Ink:       Rich Razzleberry (IC) (115658)
Stamp:   Kind and Caring Thoughts 115324 (hostess set!)
Accessories:  Square ice rhinestore brads (109113)
                      Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon (115613)

I've decided that I'll take the weekends off.  That gives me time to do one of two major things:  make more cards or do something with my husband!  I know we are going to go to the movies, but that doesn't take all weekend.  Maybe I'll be able to do both things!  That would be perfect!

I hope all of you have wonderful weekends and I look forward to catching up on Monday!

Blessings,

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment