Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Breeze

You might be seeing quite a few fall cards from me.  I LOVE this time of year.  Here in northern VA, the leaves are already beginning to change.  I think this is my favorite time of the year.  I am sitting here on my deck, along with my dog Maggie, and we are enjoying the wonderful 74 degree weather.  Lovin' it!.  So... here is my card.
I think this is one of the very few clean and simple cards I have ever made.  I tend to go for lots of layers :).  I really like the way this turned out.  It looks even more wonderful in person.  Here is my recipe:
 Stamps:    Autumn Days, Baroque Motif, Every Moment
 Ink:          Early Espress, various earth tone inks
 Paper:      Very Vanilla
 Other:      Smooch Spritz in Log Cabin and Gold
Technique Tips:
   - I used the Log Cabin smooch spray first, then the gold.  I sprayed out into the air the first time and then hit the cardstock.  The first spray can have big globs in it and it's not nice and smooth.

   -Rock and Roll:  I used the Rock and Roll Technique on the leaves.  I REALLY like the way those turned out.  You can find the technique tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers HERE .
        These are the color combos I used:
              Old Olive rocked onto Cajun Craze
              So Saffron rocked onto Cajun Craze
              Pumpkin Pie rocked onto Real Red
              One lone solid Cajun Craze Leaf (I'm liking that color!)
   -  All the leaves are popped up with dimensionals
   - The sentiment was punched out with the new Decorative Label Punch
The label was lightly sponged with So Saffron and then the edges were sponged with Cajun Craze.

I thought the sentiment from Every Moment was perfect.  You can't help but think of God when you see His wonderful handiwork. It definitely reminds me of all the wonderful gifts He has blessed me with. 

And with that...

Blessings to all of you!
Terri


                

No comments:

Post a Comment