Friday, September 10, 2010

Autumn Splendor

Happy Friday everyone!  I am excited to say that Inspiration is alive and well today and hopefully for a few more days to come.  For some reason, I have been totally lacking in inspiration for awhile.  Then yesterday, I was viewing a certain card magazine and it was chock full of wonderful and beautiful cards that inspired me from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.  And needless to say to my fingers which were itching to start up a card.  Here is my first CASE from this magazine.
Again with the fall.  I know.  I can't help myself.  This card sketch was created by Melanie Muenchinger.  Props to Melanie for a gorgeous sketch and card.  Here is my recipe.  All products Stampin' Up

Stamps:  Autumn Splendor
Ink:        Early Espresso
Paper:    Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory
Other:    Square Lattice EF, SU watercolor pencils

Technique Tips:
  -  The second layer of green was stamped using the leaves from Autumn Splendor. 
  - I used the Naturals Ivory paper because it has linen like particles in it which gives it a more earthy quality versus plain ivory paper. I'm not sure if you can see that in the photo. 
  - This time I chose the watercolor pencils for my coloring medium vice the markers.  The pencils blend together easier for me.  I used an aqua painter for blending.

I really enjoyed this sketch and am thinking of using it again soon!  I already have another card in mind!  YAY!  Love inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found a little inspiration today!

Blessings,
Terri



No comments:

Post a Comment