Saturday, July 24, 2010

Circle Circus Case

Happy Saturday everyone.  I hope you are enjoying your day.  It is a hot one here in VA.  My husband and I opted for a movie today, so we could stay cool.  I came home and had the "fidgets" to make something.  I really didn't want to try a new sketch because my brain wasn't just into it, so I decided to case a card I've had in my stash of things to make.  It was nice not having to use the old brain, well sort of, you know what I mean!  Here is my card:
I saw this card in the Stampin' Success Magazine, May 2010.  The original card was made by Lisa Nichols who won a 2009 Artisan Award for her version of this card.    There are only a few small things I changed. Not much.  It is almost identical.  Like I said, I really didn't want to overuse the old brain housing group today.  Here is the recipe:
         Stamps:  Circle Circus, Wow Flowers
     Paper:   Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, So Saffron
              White
     Ink:     Early Espresso
     Other:   Circle punches, Sizzix flowers Daisies #2
I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoy it.  Thank you to Lisa for her inspiration. 

I think the reason I didn't want to overuse my brain is that I have been a bit under the weather.  I have an under ative thyroid and my medicine hasn't been working too well lately.  Thus, no imagination, no muse, no creativity.  I've realized that the past few cards I have come up with on my own, just aren't up to what I feel is my best.  So, until I'm feeling better, I've decided to case a few cards that I have been holding onto and just love the look of them.

That's it for me today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment