Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Heartfelt Thank You

Hello everyone!  I'm finally back.  I have been in Georgia visiting family for two weeks and it has taken me about a week to get readjusted to my normal routine.  Today is the first day I have even felt like making a card.  I get a little depressed when I get back home after being with my family.  It's hard not being closer to my family. I'm sure many of you know what I mean.

Anyway, while I was there, I attended a Choir reunion at the church I grew up in.   It was more or less our youth group at the time.  Most everyone who was in the youth group was in the choir.  It wasn't a prerequisite of any type, it just seems we all liked to sing and it was wonderful. I was in the choir from 1972 to 1977.  We disbanded some time in the 80's.  I guess the future generations just weren't as interested as we were.  We have been having reunions since 1996.  Our choir director is Mrs. Patsy Spradlin; she is now 78.  This is the two of us together.   She is still playing the piano and still directing choir at another church.  She is a spectacular woman. 
It takes a lot of work and effort to get these reunions organized.  I appreciate her work very much.  The card I made today is for her:
Mr. Emerson could not have been more accurate when he made this statement.  Patsy is one woman who has given many portions of herself and those around her are grateful for her sacrifices and gifts.  Thanks so much Miss Patsy, I love you!

Here is my recipe for the card: (All items Stampin' Up except where noted)
     Stamps:   Beautiful Flowers (Innovative Stamp Creations)
                     Of the Earth (sentiment)
      Paper:     Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Bella Blue DSP (Ret'd)
      Ink:         Night of Navy
      Other:     Ribbon white satin colored with Night of Navy Ink

This sketch is MOJO 151.  I have been a little behind on my Mojos! I've got a few to make up for. 

I hope all of you have been well.  Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you all!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment