Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A New Sketch Challenge

Happy belated Tuesday!  I know I missed a post for yesterday.  I did have a card made and ready, but other events just got in the way.  You know how life is! 

I was looking through SCS submissions and ran across a sketch I fell in love with. The website is Techno Stamper.  After seeing this sketch, I knew I had to make a card using this template.  So here it is!
 

I really like the way this card turned out and I got to use the black and yellow! I am going to send this card to my niece who just had her appendix taken out.  So I'm glad this card turned out for her.  Here is the recipe:

Stamps:   Sincere Salutations, Of the Earth, Charming
Paper:     Greenhouse Gala, Daffodil Delight, white, black
Other:     Black grosgrain ribbon, scalloped corner punch

I would also like to bring to your attention (if you haven't already noticed) the bend or warped look of the back of the card (the second picture where you can see the inside).  Can you tell this is non SU paper????  This card is a 6 x 6, so I needed a 12x12 piece of white card stock and I only had some that I bought at my local craft store.  Can I say, "never again"????  This paper is supposed to be card stock, but can you see  how flimsy it is??  I am going to have to add another piece of card stock to make it sturdier.  I have to admit that Stampin' Up card stock is the strongest and best of any I have ever bought.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm a demonstrator.  It's from experience!

Well, that's all from me.  I hope you have a wonderful day!  Thanks for dropping by!

Blessings,


Terri

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your ribbon is fabulous! What a beautiful card, I love your corners. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete