Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Unmounting Stamp Wheels

Hi everyone.  Today, I am offering my organizational tip on unmounting and storing stamping wheels.  I think you will find this approach advantageous to storage and allows an easier use of the stamps. First, let me say that I have been trying to unmount all my wood block stamps to provide me with more storage space.  Here is a picture to show you why I am doing this:


These two boxes alone hold 92 envelopes. There is one stamp set to an envelope or many single stamps to an envelope.  You will soon be seeing my  madness behind this method.  But can you image how much space 92 stamp sets would take up if they were still in the original clam shells?  That is why I am unmounting mine.  I hope this tutorial is easy to follow and makes sense.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.  Also, remember to click on any picture to see it larger.  I hope you won't have a problem reading the text on the pictures.











 This is the stamp on a regular sized block.  You can see it hanging off the block because it is not big enough.  I just wanted you to see what it would look like on a regular block
This is how I mark the envelope for storage:

 Now you are probably asking yourself, how doe she know where the stamps are and how does she keep up with them.  Here is how.

I keep a xerox copy of my stamps in a big notebook.  Each xerox copy is placed in a document protector. I have  broken the notebook down into categories, i.e., backgrounds, borders, holidays, birthday.  I break it down the way I think of stamps.  Your way of thinking  may be different.  This is a look at how I categorize and  cross-reference my wheel stamps.

I think that is it.  As I said, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!  I hope this has helped!

Blessings,
Terri




1 comment:

  1. Terri, I must say this is simply brillant. Love your idea. I have a folder I use myslef for my stamps, but hey this is much easier & simplier
    TFS

    ReplyDelete