Sunday, August 7, 2011

Caseing Becca Feekan

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.  John and I missed going to church this morning  because he has strep throat and he's not getting better, so he is going back to the doctor tomorrow.  Since I had so much time on my hands, I decided to make a card.  And I have to say it seemed to take me forever to make this.  It is a CASE of a  Becca Feekan card.  If you haven't seen her cards, you are in for a treat.  She is AMAZING.  No pun intended.  (Her blog is called Amazing Paper Grace.  You can find here blog  HERE
Becca's card I cased can be found HERE.  This is my take on it:


I have to say again.  Becca's cards are hard to recreate.  She is so remarkable, talented and has, I believe, an endless supply of resources.  She has been published numerous times and companies like Spellbinders, provide her with goods to use and to promote.   So, enough of my whining, lol!  Here is my recipe:

Paper:    Girls Paperie (Now defunct), Regal Rose,= (SU)
               Very Vanilla (SU), Music Notes
Stamps:  French Foliage (SU) (used only on the inside)
Ink:         Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Other:     Pearls, dimensionals, Victoria Crochet Trim (SU)
               Vanilla Seam Binding (SU)

Technique Tips:
     - I distressed the edges of everything.
     - I lightly distressed the floral paper all over.  It was too bright to leave as is.
     -  The pink background under the floral strips is on dimensionals.
     -  The horizontal strip is on dimensionals.
     -   The rose in the middle was a creative mess.  I used a 1" circle, layered glue on it and tried to wrap the ribbon from the inside out.  It was a mess.  It wasn't quite what I was looking for and looked nothing like Becca's but it came out ok.
     - The bow is vanilla seam binding ribbon with Regal Rose ink distressed on it.  It also has five loops. 
     -  There is no sentiment on the outside.  I left it blank intentionally so I could use it for whatever I needed it for.
     -  The inside uses the French Foliage script and water drops.  I love, love, love the French Foliage Stamp Set.  Have I said that before?  Probably.  This is beginning to be my go to stamp for creating vintage cards.  And it seems lately that Vintage is my thing!

I have one more Becca Feekan card I cased, but I have to wait a few days before I put it on my blog.  It is a thank you card I made for my sister-in-love.  I have to wait until she gets it before I post it, since she is a reader of my blog.  Julie, you just have to wait!

So, for the next couple of posts, I have some organizational tips for you that I hope you will  find interesting.  I have been trying to do some consolidating organizing (does that make sense?)  I'm trying to take items that take up a lot of room and package them so they take up less room.  You'll see!

That's it for me, today.  I hope you had a great weekend.

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment