Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thank you for Julie

Happy late Tuesday evening.  I've been getting up ideas and materials for a card making session I'm having tomorrow, so this is the first time I've had available to sit down and add this post.  This is a card I made for my sister-in-love Julie and her husband Jim.  It is a heartfelt thank you card to say thank you for the wonderful time we had at their house and for the wonderful anniversary party they gave us.  Of course, thank you was not generous enough for all they did for us and I told her so.  Here is the card: (Click on any photo to see it larger)



I also have to say that this is another Becca Feekan card.  Also known as Amazing Paper Grace.  You can find her card HERE  I know hers looks so much better.  One of these days, I'm going to invest in the equipment (homemade of course) that makes the little photo tent that  helps you take better pictures.  As I was making the card, I didn't realize how many new Spellbinders dies she was using.  And of course they haven't been released yet.  She's one of the lucky ones who gets them in advance to promote them.  Ahhh, maybe one day!  Here is my recipe:

Stamps:  Because I care (thank you on front) (SU)
               French Foliage (SU)  Decor on inside
Paper:     Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, 
               Newsprint DSP, the flower DSP is by Girls Paperie
Ink:         Black, Vintage photo distressing ink by Tim Holtz
Other:     Vanilla seam binding distressed with Regal Rose ink (all SU)
               Scalloped square and regular square nesties (Spellbinders
               Dimensionals, sponges, Big Shot

Technique Tips:
     -  The scalloped squares on Becca's card is an actual die by Spellbinders call postage stamp - soon to be released.  To make mine, I used scalloped square nesties.  Once cut out, I used the smaller regular square, placed it in the center of the scalloped square and cut.  I used them to focus on the words "thank" in the top square and "you" in the bottom square.
    -   If you look real close to the left of the newsprint DSP located underneath the pink cardstock, you will see a little square notched layer.  That is another new spellbinder's die in which I recreated by using a 1/4 inch circle punch and punched about half way in.  It was then distressed with the vintage photo distressing ink.
    -  The white scalloped squares were distressed with the vintage photo distressing ink. They were also propped up on dimensionals.
    -  The pink and flowered squares are propped up on dimensionals.

I must admit this card took me quite a while to make.  It's hard looking at a photo and trying to decipher the sizes of all the many layers.   But it was well worth it.   I hope you like it too.

To my sister-in-love, Julie (who I know looks at my blog) thanks again from the bottom of our hearts.  Words cannot express your thoughtfulness, your generosity, and the love you showed toward us!  You are the best!  I love you!

Blessings to all,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment