Friday, August 27, 2010

Fast and Fabulous

I have a wonderful, clean and simple card today.  I CASED (copy and share everything) this card from Theresa Momber.  Here is her website, Crafting the Web.  She illustrates for Gina K Designs.  She is a very talented artist and I have just found out about her work.  I am sure there will be more offerings to her work in my near future :).  Here is my card.

Naturally, there are a few things I changed.  Here is my recipe:
      Stamps:   Fast and Fabulous (flowers)
                     Great Friends (Leaves)
                     Sincere Salutations
      Paper:     Melon Mambo, white, black
      Ink:         Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive

Creation Tips:
      1.  The small, black lined square on the white inset was made using a ruler and the fine tip of my black Stampin' Up Marker.  This was done according to Theresa's method!  I did a little practice run on white paper before I attempted it on the card itself.  I also used the Stampin' Up grid paper.  I aligned the white piece of cardstock and used one of the 1/4" grid lines to set my indentation and spacing.  It worked like a charm!  I think I may be using this method again in the future!

      2.  Two-step stamping:  I have always found this to be hard to do.  I stumbled upon this method clearly by accident. This tip is for the clear mount stamps. I stamped the outline stamp first, and then the fill-in second.  On the fill-in stamp, I made sure that I cut the rubber much closer to the image.  This way, you can actually "see" the first image you stamped and the exact point where you need to stamp. (You really only need one point of orientation.)  It made it much simpler!  I won't be afraid to use my other two-step stamps in the future! (after cutting the rubber, hahaha!)

     3.  Leaves:  I used my Stampin' Up markers for the leaves.  I colored the stamp with Pear Pizzazz first, and then took my Old Olive marker and lightly marked down the center of each leaf and also marked 3/4 of the stem.  This gave the leaves the two tone look of shading.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed making this card.  This is the first card in a long time, that I have had this much enjoyment in making.  I'm not sure what the difference was, but it was there!

I hope you try this out and see if you enjoy it too!  Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,

Terri

1 comment:

  1. Wow .... what great tips ... I love the tip about your leaves, what a terrific technique ... love it!!!
    How effective is the black border .... I love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete