Friday, June 17, 2011

Casing Teneale

Happy Friday everyone!  I have a great card I want to share with you.  I have found two of the most wonderful card makers I have seen since I have been making cards.  I am going to be casing a lot of their work.  The first artist I'd like to introduce you to is Teneale Williams, from Australia.  You are going to love her work.  Teneale's card I cased can be found HERE
And here is my version:
I have to say, my card is not as good as hers.  I made a few mistakes.  Hopefully, as I continue to try to make cards like this, I will get better.  I forgot to put the pearls on until after I had already taken my pictures, but I did add those.  The only things I changed were the green DSP and the ribbon.  I didn't have either of the ones Teneale used.  I attempted to sew on the green sections, but my sewing machine wasn't working right. So, I had to take out the thread and it just left the holes.  That's not too bad.  I didn't want to change a thing.  As you can see, the card is so beautiful it didn't deserve to be changed.  Here is the recipe:
   Stamps:  Inspired by Nature
    Ink:         Old Olive, Ballet Blue (retired)
    Paper     Concord Crush, Old Olive, 
                  Old Olive DSP
                  Ballet Blue (retired)
    Other:    Old Olive satin ribbon, dimensionals
Of course, I am guessing at the colors she used since I didn't find any specifics on her website.  But, I think they turned out very similar.  
That's it for me.  I hope you have a great weekend and I can't wait to introduce you to my next card making inspiration!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment