Friday, June 10, 2011

McKenna's Birthday

Things have been hairy around here this week, literally.  My dog Max, got sick and has been in and out of the vet for three days.  On Monday, I had to transfer him from our regular vet to an emergency vet so he could be monitored all night.  Tuesday morning I got up, picked him up and took him back to his regular vet.  He was on IV fluids for three days.  I brought him home on Tuesday night.  He and I slept in the recliner all night;  I was trying to keep him warm.  Their normal  body temperature is 101 and his was 97.  Finally, on Wednesday, he started feeling better.  Today, he is at home and playing.  At one time, we thought we were going to lose him. Thank the Lord we didn't.  So, that makes me a little behind in getting cards made.  Especially, since I need all but one of them made by Tuesday, at the latest.  I hope I make it.  And, since I last blogged, I found out I needed one more birthday card.  My Great Niece Mckenna will be celebrating her second birthday this month.  Her card design came to me while I was sleeping last night.  I was inspired by this week's Splitcoast Sketch No. 336.  You can find the sketch HERE.  Here is my card:

This was a simple sketch, but I thought it would work wonderfully with this gorgeous new paper I got.  The paper is by The girls' paperie.  I saw it first on Becca Feekan's blog (Amazing Paper Grace).  I only found one website that carried it.  It is called Blue Moon Scrapbooking  From this link you should be at page 2. Page 3 also has more paper.  So, here is my Card recipe:
Stamps:  Bundle of Joy (borrowed)
Paper:     English Garden by Girls' Paperie
                white and Prettin in Pink (SU)
Other:    Scalloped edge punch, Polka Dot EF,
               dimensionals
That's it for me right now.  Hopefully, I will get at least one more card made today!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment