Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can hardly believe it is Thanksgiving the time is flying by.  This year, for family, I made cards that were labor intensive.  I thought it was going to take me forever to make them.  Of course, I waited until the last minute, lol! I cased a card made by Candice.  You can find her card HERE
Here is my card:

I changed only a couple of items from Candice's original.  I changed the sentiment and used traditional colors for my leaves.

Card Recipe: (all items SU except where noted)
Stamps:  Gently Falling, Always Thankful, En Francais, Sandy Speckles,
                Give Thanks (Our Daily Bread Designs - inside card sentiment
Paper:     White, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, watercolor paper
Ink:          Black Stazon, More Mustard, So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, 
                Early Espresso, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
Other:     Antique Brads, Victoria Lace Ribbon, Sticky Strip

Technique Tips:
    - En Francais is stamped on the background watercolor piece with Crumb Cake.
    - Sandy Speckles was stamped on the sentiment panel.  I used the crumb cake and stamped off once before stamping on the sentiment panel (I used very vanilla for this, not watercolor paper.
     - All the leaves were stamped with Brown Stazon and were watercolored using ink pads and an aqua painter.
             (While the ink pad is closed, squeeze the top and bottom together a few times so that the ink deposits onto the lid of the pad.  Open the pad and swirl your aqua painter in the ink to wet it just a little.  I find this makes the ink last longer and spread better on the paper.)
     - Cut out a 1/2" circle to attach your leaves to.  I placed my circle where I wanted it and then attached the leaves.
     -Four leaves were fussy cut and attached to the1/2" circle. I used sticky strip to attach each leaf.  I wanted to make sure they really stuck! I used the smaller of the leaves to place on top of the larger leaves to "hide" where they had been taped. 
     -  The ribbon is 3 3/4 inches folded in half and with trimmed ends.
     -  I punched  a hole through the card. I actually had to get out my old fashioned ice pick to make the hole big enough for the brad prongs to go through.
     -  Fold the ribbon in half, slightly "v"ing the ribbon.  Slip the brad through the ribbon and then into the card layers.
     -  Attach to the card base and you are done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.  John and I are not able to go home this year, but we are going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with a very special family.  Micah has a special home, called Micah Respite Home.  It is for our homeless who need to recuperate from  surgery or an illness.  We will be going there tomorrow to make Thanksgiving dinner for its current eight residents.  It will be an exciting time.  Pray that God will be with us and that our lights will shine!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment