Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day SC321

 Edit 3/8/11:  I forgot to let you know how I made the clover in the first square.  I used SU's small heart punch (Item #11793) and punched out three hearts.  I just made a small cut out for the stem!  Thanks!

Hi everyone.  I thought I would try my hand at a challenge, which I haven't done in a while.  This is Splitcoast's Challenge No. 321 (you can find it HERE).  Since St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, I thought I would use that theme for my submission.  Here is my card.

This time, I even worked on the inside. Woohoo!  Here is my recipe:
Stamps: Blessed Mother, Circle Circus, Irish Blessing
Ink:       Old Olive
Paper:    Old Olive, B&W
Other:    Square, scallop punches, Old Olive Ribbon
              (one small M's stamp  it's the small clover)
 Considering I don't believe in luck, but rather God's divine plan, I didn't want to use anything about luck.  That's when I thought about using part of the stamp from Blessed Mother.  I took my Old Olive marker and colored only the words I Am Blessed.  It worked like a charm (no pun intended)
I also chose two of the stamps from Circle Circus because I thought they looked somewhat Celtic?  What do you think?
Choosing the Irish Blessing for my background stamp was a very, very, sentimental choice for me.  The college choir I used to sing in sang this blessing song to end the concert.  In case you don't know it, it goes like this (these are the words we used in the song):
May the road rise to meet you, 
May the wind be at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the rains fall softly on your fields,
And until we meet again,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
Amen

Until we meet again.........
Terri

2 comments:

  1. I love this card ... and the use of the Circle Circus stamp set was perfect! I think I just might have to CASE this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,

    very beautiful card. Good Job!!
    Love you,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete