Monday, November 1, 2010

French Foliage

My new favorite set is French Foliage.  I didn't really think I was going to like it at first until I started seeing cards made using the stamp set and I was immediately sold.  Once you see the images on paper, with color, it tells a new story.  For me, I see images of cloudy days with the sun partially breaking through.  I see romantic get-aways (specifically Paris!); love found, then love lost.  The rain drops... are they rain drops or tear drops?  I think both. The rainy day bringing back those heart wrenching memories.  You pull out your post card or letter... remembering, and the tears fall.  I'm such a romantic.  Everybody say awwww...  Here's my card.
I unabashedly cased this from Darlene McCallum.  There are only two things I changed.  I didn't emboss my vanilla background and I put my Paris postage stamp in a different place and my card based is brown. I added the Cajun Craze as another layer.  Gotta have layers!!! :)))))  The small blocks in the center piece are made by using the smallest square acrylic block that SU makes.  Just place it in the ink (I used Sarah Sand) like it had a stamp on it and then stamp on your paper.  You may want to stamp off once before stamping onto your paper.  I don't think  I did this time since the color was so soft to begin with.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps:  French Foliage
Ink:        Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso
              Sahara Sand
Paper:     Early Espresso, More Mustard, 
               Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Other:     circle punch
               small square acrylic stamp block
That's it for me today!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. I'm volunteering at the hospital later today.  I'm going in later because I'm going to be volunteering in the ER and staying until 8 or 9.  My hubby is in Florida this week, so being out will give me something to do and it won't interfere with dinner, hahaha!

Blessings to all,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment