Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas Card #3

I just had to make another Christmas card. No, really. I had to.  This is the last card I had to make for the workshop  I am giving on Thursday.  We are making all fall cards except this one Christmas card.  It is just to whet their appetite for more to come later on. 
I'm sure you noticed right off the bat that the greens don't match.  Well, that was an inventory problem.  The base card is supposed to be Always Artichoke just like the ovals, but alas, I ran out.  In order to have enough Always Artichoke for all 15 cards I needed for the class members, I had to forgo using it for my tutorial card and scrounge up a different piece of green for my card base.  It's not an SU color, so I couldn't even begin to tell you what color it is.  It will have to work for instructional purposes!  But, you get the drift.  Here is the recipe: (the sentiment is popped up with dimensionals.)
Stamps:  Come to Bethlehem
Ink:         Always Artichoke
Paper:     Deck the Halls DSP, Crumb Cake
                  Always Artichoke 
Other:     Jewels, dimensionals
Punches:  Scalloped oval, small oval and modern label 
                   Nesties for the large ovals
I hope you'll try these colors.  It really looks lovely in person.  I kept trying to make this card using the blues like everyone else and couldn't come up with a better or different design, when BAM!  the thought came to me to use these colors. Go figure!  Again, in person, they really look nice. And I'm sure it will look even better with the same color card base, lol!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment