Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Birthday

Happy Saturday!  I wanted to share a birthday card with you that I made for my sister, Tammie.  Here is a photo of the two of us :)



And while I am at it (I'm sorry, I can't help myself!)  Here is one of me and my wonderful Mother!


So, now that you have met my mom and my sister.... on with the card.


I actually cased this card and unfortunately, I didn't save her web address.  All I have for you is her signature which is "Lin 2011".  Thanks Lin for sharing your creativity.  If I come by her website again, I'll be sure to share it.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:   Whole Family (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Great Friend (Verve)     
                 Easter Blooms (SU) Sentiments (Close to My Heart)
Paper:      Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla (SU),
                 Pink Gingham (?),
Tools:       Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch,
                Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, (SU), Fleur De Lis Pendants Die
                (Spellbinders),  Elegant Leaves Die (Verve)
Other:     1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Old Olive (SU), 3/16" brads, Subtles (SU)
                Very Vanilla Craft Ink, Black Ink,  Flower Fantasy EF (Cuttlebug),
           Pearls, white, glue dots

Technique Tips:
     - The flowers on the front of the card were fussy cut.  I stamped the flower from the Verve collection on the wrong side of the paper, so that when I turned it over, there would be no ink showing.
     -  I used very vanilla white craft ink to stamp the center of the flower (green color) and then cut them out.
     -   A yellow brad was inserted into the center of the green cut out. I added a couple of glue dots to attach it to the card.
     -  I probably wouldn't have added the little flower on the inside of the card, but somehow.... yay me.... I got ink on the card stock, so I needed something to cover it up.  I hope it looks OK.
     -  I also used a pen and wrapped each petal around it to give them a curve and lift.  I know, by the time it gets there, they'll be flat again. But it does look good in the picture, lol!

That's it for me!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment