Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dad's Birthday 2011

I'm sharing with you today, a card I made for my father-in-law, whose birthday is in December.  Since I'll be leaving for Georgia the first week of December, I had to make this before I left.  I cased this card from the wonderfully talented Teneale Williams.  Here is my version: (Click on any picture to see it larger)


Card Recipe: (all items SU)
Paper:     Pear Pizzaz, Pear Pizzaz DSP, First Edition Speciality, Very Vanilla, 
                 White, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede
Stamps:   Lovely as a Tree, French Filigree Bkgrd
Other:      Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Antique brads, dimensionals,
                 edge distresser

 Technique Tips:
      -  Center layers.  All layers were distressed and sponged with soft suede.  There are three layers: 
                    Top layer: very vanilla
                    Middle layer: newsprint
                    Bottom layer: very vanilla.
     - On the center piece I used dimensionals.
     -  The inside sentiment was stamped and cut out with the SU small oval and edged in soft suede.  The reason I had to use another layer was because I had ink on the inside of the card and had to cover it up!  Just making lemonade out of lemons, lol!  I think it turned out alright.

As usual, when caseing someone else's card, I never have exactly the right ingredients, so you can see where I adjusted the look to make it mine.

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  Until next time....
Blessings,
Terri








1 comment: