Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy 34th Anniversary

Hi everyone.  I hope all of you have been well.  Things here have been pretty busy.  I hope to share some of it with you on later postings.  The card I'm showing you today is one I made for my brother-in-law and my sister-in-law, Jim and Julie.  They just celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary.  Praise the Lord! I would say that is a huge milestone by today's standards!  Here is the card:


This card is definitely a simple one.  I know it lacks all the layers and doodads a lot of my cards have.  It just seems my mojo has been gone for awhile and I struggled just to get this done.  I keep telling myself that simple is good too!  Every card can't be grandiose even though I want them to be :)

Card Recipe: (all items SU except where noted)
Stamps:   Word Play
Paper:      Bea Chateau DSP, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
Ink:          Black, Marina Mist
Other:      Spellbinders Circle, Parisian Accents

Technique Tips:
     - Sponging - I sponged the circle while it was still in the die.
     - The medallion under the circle is actually two die cuts glued to give it the four points.

I did make another card today..... the muse was soooo happening this morning.  I'll share it with you tomorrow, hopefully.  We're having a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.  It's watch and wait!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment