Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Treats

I was off and running this week so to speak .  I decided to make some Halloween treat bags for my fellow volunteers at Micah House.  I decided on one that was pretty simple.  I made an individual photo for the different Halloween papers I used.  I hope you like them.  Details will be at the end of the photos.





Recipe: (all items SU except where noted)
Stamps:  Wicked Cool
Paper:     Frightful Sight DSP, Wicked Fun (Ret'd), Rich Razzleberry,
                Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, black, & skull paper is misc paper
                bought at a local craft store
Ink:          Cajun Craze, black, old olive and pumpkin pie
Other:      Ribbon by Celebrate it, white paper bags, 3 1/2" wide
Punches:  Lrg Oval, scalloped oval, Decorative Label, Top Note Die

Construction:
     -  Each bag is made up of two solid color top notes.  One for the back and one for the front.
     -  Another top note is made using your patterned paper.  This is cut in half length ways.  Adhere one half of the patterned top note to the bottom half of your solid colored top note. 
    -  Cut your white paper bag so it will fit slightly below the tip of the top note.  
    -  Add tombow to one side of the white bag and then adhere it to one of the whole top notes.  Add tombow to the other side of the white bag and adhere the second whole top note. 
     - Use your large oval punch and punch through all three layers (the two solid colored top notes and the white bag)
     - Fill bag (I put in four of the mini sized Snickers)
     - Secure bag with ribbon.  (this is optional)  You could also use glue dots or velcro.   

And your done!  Eazy, Peazy!

I can hardly believe I only have three posts for this month.  I have been so busy.  That is not normal for me.  I usually have all kinds of time on my hands.  I'm not complaining mind you.  

The lack of entries to my blog may become the norm for me. I was asked by the person in charge of the Micah volunteers, if I would like to train to be an "In-Take" volunteer.  These are the people who screen and process new people who are coming into Micah.  I, of course, said yes.  So, for now, I will be working at Micah Ministries three days a week.  That leaves me even less time for card making and blogging.  However, since I am spending time serving the Lord, I know you will understand and I hope you stick with me and I'll try to have as many new cards and posts as possible.  I do have a couple already waiting in the wings.  And... since it is the Holidays, I'll be making Thanksgiving and Christmas cards!


Blessings to you all,
Terri


 

No comments:

Post a Comment