Thursday, August 4, 2011

Anniversary Thank You

Finally, I finished all 19 thank you cards I needed to send everyone who came to our 25th Wedding Anniversary.  There were two hard parts.  One was coming up with a card idea.  The second was redoing what I had already done due to not proofreading.  You'll see what I mean in a second.  Here is the front of the card.
I actually cased this card from Jo Hooper.  You can find her card HERE
I changed a couple of things to make mine easier for mass production and mailing.  Here is my recipe:
Stamps:   Medallion BG (SU), Hand Ink Letter BG (Dawn Houser
Ink:          Sahara Sand, Black
Paper:     Sahara Sand
You'll have to click on the picture to view it larger in order to see the handwritten background stamp.

Here is the inside:
The left side of the card is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.  I just typed this with my computer and printed it out.  I used the ticket corner punch for the corners.  Then I stamped over the verses with the filigree stamp from the stamp set Creative Elements (SU).  Here is a close up:
I also used Sahara Sand ink for this stamp.  Simple, but thought it turned out nice.  It is so much prettier in person.  I mentioned earlier about time consuming.  I had two typos in the verses.  I had to retype, reprint, recut, and repaste a few.  Which meant I had to take a few off.  That was nerve wracking. The inside right where individual personal messages went had a couple of typos too and those had to be redone.  Arghh.....  It was quite an ordeal.  Hopefully, next time, I'll be more diligent in the proofreading department.

That's it for me today.  I still have one special thank you card to make.  Hopefully, I'll get it done this weekend.

Blessings,
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Great card, I thought you did a awesome job....I have this stamp and I love using it. I just may have to scraplift this ideal if it's OK..

    Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete