CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Case Study Challenge #48

The case study this week was so great. The challenge can be found HERE
The card we are casing is by Dawn Woleslagle. Here is her card:


I love the simplicity of it, yet it is also elegant looking.  I chose these aspects to case:  simplicity, neutral colors, stamped background, and the bow.  Here is my card:



I chose to make a sympathy card, because, unfortunately, I needed one.  I really dislike having to make them, but they are, on occasion, necessary.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Friends 24-7 (retired), God's Blessings,
               Thoughts & Prayers
Paper:     Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
Ink:         Blushing Bride, Black
Other:     Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon
               Pretties Kit (Retd, and it's the first time I've
                                   ever used it, lol!
              Spellbinders Labels 17

Technique Tips:
    - Ribbon:  I used a sponge dobber and sponged both sides of the vanilla ribbon with Blushing Bride.  The blushing bride is a soft color, so I didn't want to lay it on heavy.  I also wanted to leave some of the original ribbon color showing.  I like the way it turned out.
     -  I learned from Teneale Williams, that you can layer with the same color.  And boy, do I like that idea.  You know, I have a thing for layers and it was always so hard to come up with that third or fourth color.  Now, I know I don't always need another color.  On the Blushing Bride layers, I just sponged around the edges to define them a bit.
     -  On the Blushing Bride layer inside , I sponged and I distressed around the layer.
     -  The Very Vanilla layer inside, I lightly sponged all over the layer to lessen the intensity of the color.  It was "shining" a little too much.

That's it for me.  I hope you are having a great weekend.  The weather here has been beautiful and I am enjoying it.  Until next time...

Blessings,
Terri

3 comments:

E.T said...

gorgeous!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What an amazing design! Love your take in pinks!

Vicky W said...

Stunning Terri,as well as elegant & soft! I am really loving your work!

Post a Comment