Monday, June 27, 2011

Mojo 197

It has been many a moon since I last played Mojo Monday.  I am thinking I have a little of my own mojo back.  Here is my submission for this week's Mojo sketch
 Inside of card:
Card Recipe: (all items SU except where noted)
Stamps:  Fabulous Florets (SU), Psalm 51:10 (Verve)
Paper:    Beyond the Garden DSP, Pacific Point
Ink:         Pacific  Point, Black
Other:     White Ribbon, Little Leaves embosslit,
               Labels 15 (Spellbinders), Pearls,
               dimensionals
Technique Tips:
     -  I cut out the flowers and used my blender pen to "smudge" the center of the flower to give it a little more color.
     -  My bow is a double loop bow.  I didn't know that one of the loops was messed up until I was posting the pic (grrrr).  I purchased a great bowmaker from Lee Conrey you can find HERE  And while you are there check out her blog.  She is an awesome card artist.
     -  On the inside of the card, I sponged the bottom layer.  I have been studying Teneale Williams' cards a lot and I noticed she does a lot of sponging and I really like the way it looks.  I thought I would try it on some of my cards.  What do you think?  You'll have to leave me a comment and let me know!
      -  I placed a medium sized pearl in the middle of the flower to give it a little bling.  It looks so much better in person.  It made a world of difference in the look just by adding that one little pearl.
That's it for me today.  I hope everyone has a great week.
Blessings,
Terri

2 comments:

  1. Love the two tone card. I especially like how the inside is decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a great bow too. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog, it was lovely of you. Have a terrific day, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete