Sunday, June 19, 2011

Flowers Abound

I cased another Teneale Williams card today.  You can find her card HERE  However, I must ask her forgiveness, because other than the layout, it looks nothing like hers.  I didn't have the stamps she used and had to come up with something that was comparable.  I don't think I hit the mark.  Oh well. Here is my card.  The first image is the outside of the card; the second image is the inside of  the card.

Card recipe: (this card is 5x7)
Stamps:  Style Beautiful
Paper:     Springtime Vintage DSP, Pear Pizzaz, Rose Red,
                Pink Piroutte, very vanilla
Ink:          Rose Red
Other:     Dimensionals, Pearls

I almost think I like the inside of the card better than the outside.
Technique Tips:
     -  There are many layers to the outside:
            - there are two layers of the pear pizzaz
            - there are two layers of the very vanilla
    -  There are dimensionals under the pear pizzaz layer and under the flowers.
     - the flowers both inside and out were cut from the Springtime Vintage DSP.  Now if I had been as detailed as Teneale, I would have been cutting out more flowers and layering them.  I was already so tired when I got through making this card, I couldn't even think straight to consider adding more flower layers.  Maybe later on another card, lol!
On the Outside:
     -  The top Pear Pizzaz layer is sponged in pear pizzaz
     -  The top Pink Piroutte layer is sponged in Rose Red
     -  The Rose Red strip at the bottom is sponged in Rose Red
     - The Pink Piroutte layer has been background stamped with one of the stamps in the Style Beautiful set.
     - Pearls were added.

On the Inside:
     - The Rose Red bottom layer is sponged in Rose Red
     - The Pink Piroutte layer on the bottom is sponged in Rose Red
     - The Flowers are popped up with dimensionals.
     - Vanilla layer and the pink layer was stamped with one of the stamps in the Style Beautiful set.
   - If I had thought about it before taking the pictures, I think I would have added pearls to the inside on the strip of Rose Red that is showing. I may even do that!
 Whew!  The End!  I did enjoy making it.  My only wish is that it could have been more like Teneale's. Sigh....

Blessings,
Terri

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card, inside and out! I love it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete