Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter Blossoms

    Happy Monday everyone.  I'm starting on my Easter cards before I leave for GA tomorrow.  I'll have to finish when I get back.  Here is the card I want to show you. I cased this card from Laurie Zoellmer.  You can find her card and website HERE  I varied it just a bit.
Card recipe:
Stamps:    Easter Blossoms
Paper:       Pink Pirouette, Going Gray
Other:       Going Gray satin ribbon, Tulip EF, White gel pen
                 Pink marker
, Black Stazon
Technique Tips:
      - I used the black stazon ink to stamp because I wanted to make sure the ink didn't smear or run when using the white gel pen.  I'm not sure if it would have, but better safe than sorry.
      - I used the white gel pen and colored in the petals.  I didn't take the time to be meticulous about it, I just used circular motions in the petals and got about 90% of it.  I didn't want to totally do away with the black shading marks. 
      - I used a pink marker and just dabbed the inner part of the flower to make it pop.
      - I didn't have any white ribbon like Laurie's and the Happy Easter stamp is much bigger than the Sending Springtime Smiles stamp.  So that would have made both ovals much bigger and would have taken up too much space.  I decided on just stamping directly on the card.  If I had known I  was going to do that, I would have given myself a little more room on the card by stamping the tree limb differently.
      That's it for me right now.  I'm going to be in GA for two weeks visiting family.  I have a friend and fellow SU demonstrator there, who I may be visiting and making cards with.  I hope I have the time.  And hopefully, I may have some new posts for you while I'm gone!

Blessings to you all,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment