Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flores Suaves SC324

     Happy Wednesday everyone.  Only two more days until the weekend.  My DH and I are going to see a hockey game this weekend.  The Buffalo Sabres are playing the Washington Capitals.  It will be hard to know who to root for since John is from Buffalo.  Considering we'll be sitting among mostly Capital fans, we would probably be safer to root for the ol' Caps.  Besides Ovechkin is back in the game. 
     Ok, enough already with the hockey.  Here is my card for today.
Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Flores Suaves
Ink:         Crumb Cake, multiple SU markers
Paper:     Very Vanilla, Rose Red
Other:      Dimensionals
Technique Tips:
      -  I used markers directly on the stamp, then I used my blender pen and filled in the white spaces.
      -  I added a little color to the body of the bee and darkened down the body with black, again, using my blender pen.
      - I sponged the crumb cake along the sides of the panel where the script is and all over the face of the sentiment, just to soften it.  It was WAY too bright left alone.
     - I used dimensionals under the bee (which was cut out) and under the sentiment.
I wanted this card to be soft and muted.  I wanted it to have somewhat of a "dreamy" effect.  It didn't turn out too bad.  I hope you like it!

      This sketch is from Splitcoast Stampers, SC324, which you can find HERE .   This set, Flores Suaves, is from the Hispanic Catalog.  I fell in love with it a while back after seeing it used on SplitCoast, but kept forgetting to order it, until recently.  I hope to use it again soon.
      I hope you've enjoyed my card for today.  Happy creating!

Blessings,
Terri
   

No comments:

Post a Comment