Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fifth Ave Birthday

Hello everyone! Yes, I'm still alive and kicking.  It has been way too long since I last posted.  I started posting last week and was having problems with blogger.  It wouldn't let me add any photos.  What kind of a post do you have without photos???  Not a good one!  I actually had something different I was going to post, but I've decided to move on.  I could always go back and post it later.  Here is a card I made for my Sister-In- Law's birthday.

I really enjoyed making this card.  Here is the recipe:
Stamps:  Fifth Ave Floral, Sincere Salutations
Paper:    Bella Bleu DSP (Retd), Pretty in Pink, Black
Other:    Border Punch, Polka Dot ribbon, Sizzix Tiny Leaves Die

Technique Tip:
 - Learning the "Feather Stroke"  I took a Copic Marker Class a couple of weeks ago at my local Scrapbooking Store and learned a couple of new techniques that have really helped me out when using my markers.  Of course, these same tips can be used for the Stampin' Up Markers. I rated the Feather as my number one tip.  If you look closely at the petals on my flower, you'll see the feathery strokes.  Remember, I'm still in the learning phase. As Sally said, practice, practice, practice.

Here is her WEBSITE  She is also on youtube and she also has links to other people who are great with markers.  I hope you find this tip helpful!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment