Hello everyone! I actually was going to use this week's Mojo sketch to make this card. Well, it didn't go as planned. I really, really needed a masculine birthday card for one of my nephews. His birthday is next week. I knew I wanted to use the sailboat from Uncharted Territory. After creating that part of the image, I just couldn't get the rest of it to fit. I knew I was going to have to turn the pattern sideways - here's this week's sketch:
Here's my card:
Unchartered Territory. Then I made a mask of the boat, so that I could sponge the water. The colors I used were Marina Mist, Pacific Point and Night of Navy. I made the blues darker along the horizon.
- Next I made another mask for the water, so that I could start sponging the sky.
Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red. I also, rethought my sponging process. Instead of going straight across like I started out doing, I started in the center of the boat and made a small circular pattern then worked outward with the darker colors blending as I went. Then darkened the top corners and along the horizon.
- Oh, one thing I forgot. I used Black Stazon and before putting stamp to paper, I used the Cherry Cobbler SU marker to mark over the smaller sections of the sail on the stamp and then stamped on paper, as you can see in the final card.
- I used my white gel pen to mark over the waves.
- I sponged Peach Parfait and Rose Red on the sentiment, from Watercolor Trio
- The strip going across the length of the card is from retired DSP Raspberry Lemonade. It has rich razzleberry running through it which pulls out the Rose Red in the sky! I wish you could see it in person. It is vibrant and stunning. I keep pinching myself! I can't believe I made this! YAY! I might be getting there. Of course, this was my second attempt at the same ocean/sky. Got to keep myself grounded;)
That's it for me! Have a wonderful evening. Maybe I'll attempt Mojo 157 again and hopefully it will conform more to the original sketch!
Blessings to you all!