Monday, September 20, 2010

Thankful Home

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  This card I made Sunday afternoon and I have to say, it took me awhile.  I had an idea in my head and it took some time to create.  It was actually the watercoloring that took most of the time. I am soooo trying to be like the infamous SCS watercolorer Karen Barber. Here is the card:
 Normally, I put the stamp recipe here, but I think I am going to start with the techniques first!

Creation Tips: (This is a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2) card.
  -  I knew from the start, that I wanted to make the vegetables look like they were sitting on a table.  So, when I stamped the corn/pottery, I made sure I had enough blank space to place the pumpkins and have "wall space".

   -  I stamped the corn and jug (one stamp) in Timberland StazOn and then I took my Pacific Point Blue Marker and on the stamp, I went back over the design on the pottery. 
         - I used the Basic Grey Stampin' Up marker and a blender pen to provide shadowing on the pottery.
        - I used Old Olive and Garden Green along with some Soft Suede on the husk.  I used So Saffron and Daffodil Delight on the corn.  I left some blank areas to make it look like the white kernels. 

 -I then stamped the pumpkins colored them with Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight and some Pumpkin Pie. I cut out the pumpkins.

- I cut out DSP about two inches deep for my tablecloth.

- With scissors, I had to cut out the bottom of the corn and up the sides, so that it would "sit" level on the tablecloth.  I then glued the corn/pottery and "walls" to the tablecloth.  I then glued the pumpkins next to the corn.  You can trim the sides and top to make the size card that you would like.

- The "Give Thanks" stamp, I hope looks like it may be a cross stitch piece in a frame.  I hope!!  This was actually a mistake that I think turned out pretty good.  I stamped the Give Thanks as just a sentiment and I didn't like the placement or the way it looked.  I thought of using the Sizzix labels die to make the frame and I that's when I thought it looked like a frame on a wall!  I think it turned out pretty good!  What do you think???

Here is the recipe:
  Stamps:  Harvest Home, Holiday Greetings (Retired)
  Paper:    Watercolor paper, Old Olive, 
                 Early Espresso, Autumn Spice DSP
  Ink:      Timberland Brown StazOn, 
              Various Stampin' Up Markers
  Other:    Sizzix Labels Dies

That's all for me today!  I hope everyone has a great evening.

Blessings to you all,
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! I believe I will have to try this. If I can get mine to look half as good as yours, I think my ladies will love it too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete