Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall Dreaming

My title says it all.  I can't help but think about fall.  I get the wonderful blessing of sitting on my deck each morning, enjoying my coffee and God's beautiful handiwork.  Each day, more and more leaves are turning. Fall will be upon us faster than we think.  YAY!  I love fall.  So, here is another tribute to this season. 
I'm attempting my hand at sponging.  I have a long way to go.  I actually somewhat cased this from Theresa Momber.  You can find her design here at Crafting the Web.  She is an awesome sponger.  One day, I may be half as good as she is.   Here is the recipe for my card.  (All items are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.)
Stamps:   Lovely as a Tree Thankful Thoughts, 
                  Special Delivery Addition by
                  Tami Mayberry (Gina K. Designs)
Paper:     Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie,
                 White, Naturals Ivory
Ink:         Black, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, 
                 Garden Green, Always Artichoke
Creation Tips:
   - I used a mask around the top and two sides of the "window" so that when I stamped the trees, they would not show up outside of the window.
   -  The orange was  really a mistake.  I was trying to create leaves on my trees, which didn't look right. Now, I hope that it looks like a setting sun coming through the trees. 
  - I used always artichoke on the ground below the trees to give it a shadow effect.
  - I lightly sponged Pear Pizzazz on the sentiment to keep it from looking too bright.

In my future attempts at sponging, I want it to look more misty or dream quality like.  The way it is now, you can see the circles or spots, where I first put down my sponge.  I am going to try a different kind of sponge next time.  We'll see.  I am diligently searching the web for more sponging techniques.  I need the basics.  Anyone out there have any helpful hints for me?  I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks so much for dropping by.

Blessings to you all,
Terri

1 comment:

  1. This looks great Terri ... I thought the orange was just that ...the setting sun! I love how our mistakes can become intentional works of art ... your sponging is just lovely, I can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete