Thursday, July 8, 2010

TSSC 129

Happy Thursday everyone!  I woke up this morning with no headache!  YAY!  So naturally, I am feeling better.  I hope it continues to improve!

I actually started and finished this card last night.  I started feeling better around 6:00.  And, of course, what was the first thing I wanted to do?? Make a card. LOL!  I know my husband must think I'm crazy.  He just doesn't know, does he?   Here is my submission for Techno Stamper's Monday lunchtime challenge.

I don't have as many strips of patterned paper as Mary Jo does.  She must have made a 5x7 card to get as many layers as she did.  This is a standard card, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  Here is my recipe: (All items Stampin' Up unless other wise noted).

       Stamps:    Because I care (thank you image)  
                          Vintage Frames (butterfly) Ret'd   
       Paper:      Regal Rose, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette,
                         Georgia Peach DSP (Ret'd)
       Other:      Circle punch, Scalloped edge punch,
                         scalloped circle punches  (For the largest 
                         scalloped circle I had to use a Nestie). 

I have to tell you about the Retired Victorian Frames stamp.  I actually bought these second hand not too long ago.  They are from 1999!!  Can you believe it.  They are so pretty.   When I started using this paper, I knew I needed something "foofy", if you will.  As I was looking through my stamps,
      BTW:  Organizational Tip:  I make copies of my stamps and put them in a binder.  That way, when I am searching for a stamp, I just flip through my binder and don't have to go through all the stamp cases.  The stamps themselves are in alphabetical order.  I'm sure you are wondering how I make copies of the stamps.  For the wood stamps, I make a copy of the sheet of stickies that goes on the wood block.  If I have forgotten to do that, I just go to the catalog and make a copy from there.  For the Clear mount stamps, I make a copy using the insert in the front of the DVD case.  Eazy peazy!  In my binder, I also try to make a few categories, like Holidays, sentiments only, whatever helps me to make it as simple as possible to find things.

Now, where was I, oh yeah, looking through my binder, I saw this butterfly and knew it would look perfect on this page.  Actually, considering the colors, I thought something for a baby would be more appropriate, but I don't have anything for a baby.  Considering my age, I haven't had a need for anything like that.  However, I did remedy that by purchasing the two new baby stamps from SU's new catalog.  You can see one of them HERE
They are soooo cute, I couldn't help myself.  Maybe I might have a need for them one day!

Wow, sorry for the long blog today.  Guess I must be feeling better!  Everyone have a wonderful day.  Thank you so much for dropping by!

Blessings,


Terri

1 comment:

  1. Love this. The colors are perfect. Great choice with the stamp too. Beautiful butterfly. My card was not bigger just smaller strips, lol! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch this week. Sorry for the delayed comments. I have been camping all week with my son.

    ReplyDelete