Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mojo 148 Revisited w/Masking Technique

Hello everyone!  After my fiasco first attempt at Mojo 148, I knew I had to attempt it again.  Today, I think I succeeded, YAY!  Tell me what you think!  I also have a technique for you (more on that below). (Click on any photo to see a larger view)
Here is my recipe:  (All items Stampin' Up)
             Stamps:   Morning Cup , Favorite Thoughts
              Paper:      Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight
              Ink:          Night of Navy, various SU markers, Black Stazon
              Other:      Sizzix buttons #5 die, Vintage wallpaper EF, 
                              Polka Dots EF, circle punches
I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder on the yellow squares and I used the Polka Dot embossing folder on the blue strip.  I used Night of navy to stamp the tea bags for my background paper.

On this card, I used the Masking Technique for the tea cup and tea bag.  It is a great and easy technique to learn.  Let's take a look.
Step 1.  Stamp your image on the paper you will be putting on your card.  
Step 2.  Restamp image on scrap paper and cut out.  (Teacup sitting on dark paper is my mask)

Step 3.  Take your cut out image, use some Dotto Repositionable Tape on it and tack it down onto your original image.
Step 4.  Take your stamp and stamp where you would like the second image to appear.  (I left the stamp off the clear block so you could have a better view of stamp placement.)  That is the great thing about clear mount stamps.  It's so easy to see exactly where you want to put your image!  I LOVE THEM!

Step 5.  You're through.  Now color and place! You can see how it looks like the tea bag is being placed in the cup.  You have no lines running over each other.  Eazy peazy!  Here is mine up close.
Now you know how to mask, try it out; get stamping!

Blessings,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment