Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Birthday Case

Happy Saturday everyone.  Can you believe it?  I am actually posting on the weekend!  This is a first for me.  We finally got some rain today, YAY, so we stayed home and I worked on this card.  My husband's birthday was July 1, and he received a cute birthday card from his brother.  I attempted to case it. For those of you who may be new to card making, CASE stands for copy and share everything.  Of course, it being a store bought card, the only thing I had that resembled it was the colors of the card, lol!  Here is the card they sent:

Here is my card, outside and inside:


As I said, the only thing that is the same is the colors!  I tried really hard to make it as close to the original as possible.  I even traced the stars on the original card and used a gold pen to make the swirls, etc.  Needless to say, it was not going well.  So I gave up and went in another direction.  I think it turned out alright.  Here's the recipe:

          Stamps:  Bitty Birthday, Little Flowers, Well Scripted
          Paper:     Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss (Ret'd)
          Ink:         SU Markers: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight,
                          Pear Pizzaz (I didn't have a Kiwi Kiss marker)
          Other:     Star punch, small, dimensionals

I think this card classifies as a Clean and Simple card (CAS).  This is probably the first one of those I have ever made too!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend, what's left of it!

Blessings,

Terri




No comments:

Post a Comment