Friday, June 25, 2010

My New Craft Room

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm so glad it's the weekend and it's going to be cooler, YAY!  This week I have been organizing my "new" craft room.  That is, I turned my dining room into my craft room.  I'll tell you about it and share photos after I show my card.

During Stampin' Up's recent 60% off sale, I went hog wild.  (That's a southern term for all you yankees :)  I bought a bunch of DSP, ribbon, and buttons.  There was a pack of DSP called Haiku and I fell in love with it.  It had to be older than Summer 2009, because that's when I started using Stampin' Up and it wasn't in the big catalog.  Needless to say, it is still beautiful paper.  The piece I used on this card yelled for Asian Artistry.  At least I thought so.  What do you think?

I thought the flower in the middle of the paper looked almost identical to this flower.  Or, at least, a close cousin.  The Asian Artistry set is one of my favorites.  Here is my recipe:

Stamps:   Asian Artistry
Paper:     Haiku DSP, Old Olive, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Black
Ink:        * Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi,
                 Dusty Durango, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
* all of the above colors were from Stampin' Up Markers
Other:   Black Stazon, watercolor paper, stampin' dimensionals

So about that craft room....  It used to be in my basement, which is unfinished, can we say YUK!  It was dusty, dark and way far away from the rest of the house.  So, we have this big ol' dining room that no one ever uses.  I discussed it with my husband, and he thought it was a great idea to move my craft "stuff" there.  On one condition.....  the back wall had to stay the same.  Here is the back wall: (Two views)
He said he liked the "view" so he wanted to leave it as is.  It is a nice view, but I can see bookcases, etc., along that wall holding many a craft supply. :)))))))
I have a plastic storage bin to the right of the table. It holds ribbon, embellishments, and a few single stamps I bought that are non-SU. Next to it is a small personal table that I put my paper cutter on.  You might be able to see way back in the back, the top of a wing back chair and a flower arrangement.  That is still dining room stuff. I didn't want to move it to the basement.  Oh, this table was in my eat-in-kitchen. It has two leaves that lower down on each side.  I only lowered one side.  When both leaves are down, it is a 5 x 5 table.  Plenty of room!  On the other side of the table, I have my Big Shot and my collection of embossing folders.
I wanted to show you my new ink cartridge organizer.  The one on the left is my old SU circular cartridge holder.  It is currently holding ALL 30 retired colors.  The new holder I purchased from Organize More. This one holds 80 ink pads.  I really like their products.  I bought a ribbon holder.  It is currently holding punches.  See below picture!
This is paper, paper, and more paper.  I have non SU punches in this organizer (the one from Organize More.)  Most of them are MS, shhhhh....  The cabinet beneath is my buffet.  I have stamps hidden away in there.  They are my holiday stamps.  I also have a bunch of Sizzix holiday die cuts. They have GREAT deals at the Sizzix Outlet

Ahh, another storage cabinet.  My china cabinet!!  It holds my markers, watercolor crayons, watercolor pencils, more embellishments, glues, tapes, etc., etc., etc.  All the little stuff. The bookcase to the left holds SU punches (and others) stamps, more stamps, and accessories.  If you look way back in the far left corner on the first shelf, you will see a stack of small colored DVD holders.  These jewels are my Spellbinders Nestabilities. To the right of my cabinet and just beneath Scarlet (I had to leave her in the dining room!) is my copier/printer and..... you guessed it, more paper!

Well, that's the "renovation" for right now.  I am in the process of unmounting my stamps and I am storing them in 6 x 9 envelopes.  I got that idea from Split Coast Stampers.  That will save a lot of room! I'll show photos when that project is finished.

Whew! That's it for me.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings, 


Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment